January 31, 2006

Cue the Trumpets - Chris Meets Food

It was actually with no fanfare, no cheering and no witnesses that I reintroduced myself to food. It wasn't anything grand - just some pudding here, a little applesauce a few days later. But it was something.

And we didn't exactly hate each other. I wouldn't describe it as an altogether satisfying experience, but it's a start and you have to start somewhere.

The greatest news is that I kept it down. The good news is that I didn't immediately have an increase in symptoms. The rest of the news is that I did experience a general increase in symptoms that lasted for about 3 days after a 'taste day'. I expect that's part of the retraining that must occur.

New goal: to get that down to 2 days, to 1 day, to none while progressing through the continuum of food.

No comments: