November 09, 2005

Something Stinks. It Isn't Me.

For 4 days, someone has been leaving the comment
Stinks to be you. Ha Ha Ha.
on the site.

If, after reading 20+ pages of postings, all you can say is that it must stink to be me, then I have not done a very good job here. And I think I have done a good job here. It doesn't stink to be me.

It stinks...
...to suffer the debilitating, unpredictable and uncontrolled symptoms of this disease.
...that we must tolerate it when a treatment has been demonstrated to be both clinically and cost effective.
...that I forget what feeling well is like.
...that no matter what, I throw up each and every day.
...that a decision has been made to spend more money on a therapy that results in a poor quality of life, instead of the more cost-effective therapy which results in a higher quality of life.

It doesn't stink to be me.

  • I am an optimistic person. I look forward to being well again.
  • My family is rich in love and generous with their compassion.
  • I am lucky to know caring friends.
  • I have kept a sense of humor throughout, for me and for you. Not everyday, but most.
  • I have patience. I am honest.
  • I am not perfect. I do not expect perfection in others.
  • If you need me to do something, I will get it done.

Something stinks, but it definitely isn't me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something stinky about that anonymous post-er, for sure! You are the most courageous, loving, caring, thoughtful, sensitive, generous, funny person I know. I hope I can be like you when I grow up!

Christine said...

Thank you. You're very kind.

Anonymous said...

Whoever left those notes shame on them. If they knew you and knew what a wonderful, caring, generous, loving, funny person you are, they too would call you their hero....you are my hero Chris!!!