November 09, 2005

Run for the Cure

As you know, my sister Roni was diagnosed with breast cancer in August. Her surgery is scheduled for Friday. We hope that she and her medical team have detected the cancer early in the disease process.

In support of Roni and other Canadian women fighting breast cancer , I am participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, on Sunday, October 1st. I am asking for your support for a cause that is very important to me.

Roni's friends and colleagues have registered a team called the A-List and they will run in Kingston. For now, I am a virtual member of the A-List. An honorary A-List-er, so to speak. Ask me today and I'll say I am not planning on running the course, but I am fundraising for the cause. With me, you never know...it's a month away... I could show up and run the course. I have set up my registration to collect donations online.

Donating online is quick, easy and secure. You can pay by credit card and within 30 minutes, you will receive a tax receipt for any donation that has been successfully received. Two dollars, five dollars, ten dollars...your donation will be added to the critical funds raised by the Run and will be directed towards research, education and awareness programs.

To sponsor me, click on Run for the Cure at the top of this page.

If you experience problems with that link, you can find my sponsor site by visiting

CIBC Run for the Cure

then click on Donate to a Participant
Search for Christine Lee running in Kingston and my sponsor page will be displayed.

Thank you. We appreciate your support!

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KQM says:
If you see a tall woman in a leg brace holding an IV pole running along the street in Kingston with a fat black dog that has a shoe in his mouth, that's Chris.